Position: Director of Communications
Trinity United Methodist Church is seeking a creative leader to communicate and promote Trinity’s mission and core ministry initiatives. This position oversees, designs, and creates external and internal communications through various channels (including website, social media, print materials, advertisements, and videos).
Trinity is a historic downtown church that desires to be intentionally intergenerational and missional, with a strong emphasis on music and the arts. With a congregation of approximately 1,500 members, we are passionate about sharing the love of Jesus in downtown Denver.
- Collaborate with Executive Pastor and lay communications team to create and implement a communication strategy that balances external and internal communications
- Website: Lead in the creation or enhancement of the Trinity Church website as an effective and vibrant tool for ministry and communications for those searching for or a part of the Trinity community. Manage SEO/SEM, and update giving links and other content.
- Publications and Promotions: Portray church programs creatively and effectively (e.g., graphic design, bulletin inserts, generosity campaigns, newsletters, web announcements, weekly and semi-monthly e-mails, print material). Ensure e-mail list in Constant Contact is current.
- Social Media: Generate and manage messaging for Trinity sites like Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, along with mobile app management.
- Branding: Revitalize branding in collaboration with lay communications team.
- Signage: Collaborate with lay leaders to assess and enhance internal and external signage.
- Media Relations: Write and distribute press releases.
- Reporting: Develop and monitor metrics to evaluate the effectiveness of the communications strategy and initiatives.
- Volunteer Team: Develop a team to accomplish communications goals, including artists, designers, photographers, and video media producers.
- Staff Meetings: Attend weekly staff meetings.
- Collaborative and coachable leader
- Excellent time-management, organizational, and communication skills
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Webmaster experience with the ability to maintain architecture of Trinity’s website
- Experience in managing social media accounts
- Print production and copywriting experience
- Experienced with Microsoft Suite, Microsoft Publisher, email management systems like Constant Contact and MailChimp
- Comfortable with Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop
- Video production/editing experience a plus
- Photography skills a plus
- Appreciation for Wesleyan theology and the values of Trinity United Methodist Church
- Bachelor’s degree in a communications-related field preferred
- 3-5 years in a related field
- Must complete a successful background check
Part-time, exempt, 30 hours per week
Trinity United Methodist Church
Attn: Rev. Dr. Donna Dempewolf
Denver, CO 80202
Position: Child Care Staff
Objective or Purpose of Position: To provide a welcoming, caring and safe environment for the children and families of Trinity United Methodist Church.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Welcome parents and children, call them by name when you can
- Make sure each child and diaper bag have a name tag and label
- Perform diaper checks regularly
- Remain engaged with the children. ABSOLUTELY NO CELL PHONE USE DURING WORKING HOURS
- Maintain a sanitized environment when changing diapers or assisting Toddlers in the rest room
- Change crib sheets after usage
- Wash any toys that have been in a child's mouth
- Leave room picked up
- Empty diaper pail and put contents into a black trash bag and leave outside door for custodians
- People skills
- Previous childcare experience
- CPR certified (training will be offered for Trinity staff in October)
- At least age 14
Work Schedule: Varies. (Average 5–8 hours per month). Childcare needed on Sunday mornings, weeknights and for special events.
Salary: Hourly ($12.00)
Subject to: Interview and Successful background check.