Volunteer your time and talents at Trinity:
Learn more about Trinity's programs and ministries in our Guide Book and Directory.
Your help is needed to provide a warm welcome as guests enter the church on Sunday mornings. Greeters are scheduled for 15-minute periods immediately before each service (8-8:15 a.m. and 10:45–11 a.m.) and Sunday School (9:15-9:30 a.m.). Most greeters serve once a month, but you may sign up as often or as little as you wish. Contact Sheila Pierson to share your interest and availability in serving as a greeter or sign up through the button below.
Welcome Wagon Volunteers
Your help as a welcoming presence is needed at the Welcome Wagon! The Welcome Wagon is located right outside Trinity Café on Level 3. The skills required are a friendly smile and a desire to welcome and provide guidance to visitors and members. Volunteers are also present at the Welcome Wagon to present gifts to our first time visitors who will be directed by our pastors from the pulpit to pick up their gift after the service. Most Welcome Wagon greeters serve once a month except for the 5th Sunday Volunteers. We are currently in need for volunteers at the times below:
1st Sunday of the month: 9:15–9:30 a.m.
3rd Sunday of the month: 9:15–9:30 a.m.; 10:35–11 a.m.; 12–12:15 p.m.
4th Sunday of the month: 9:15–9:30 a.m.
5th Sunday of the month: 9:15–9:30 a.m.; 10:35–11 a.m.; and 12–12:15 p.m.
Volunteers are needed in the east and north parking lots on Sunday mornings to help members and guests with the new parking procedures.
The Trinity Café Hospitality Team has been working diligently to make the café a place of welcome for all. Lots of good things happen there each Sunday morning! There are a variety of food items, beverages both hot and cold, and the opportunity to visit with friends and guests. We are in need of volunteers for 60 or 90 minute shifts to help welcome our guests.
If you'd like to join the Trinity Café Hospitality Team, please contact the church office at 303-839-1493.
Serve Lunch to our Downtown Neighbors
Volunteers are needed to serve a hot lunch to our downtown neighbors. The time commitment is from 11:30 a.m.–1 p.m., during which time you would set up for the meal, serve the meal and clean up Fellowship Hall. Volunteers are invited to enjoy lunch before serving. Call the church office at 303-839-1493 to sign up for upcoming dates: Friday, March 24, 2017, and Friday, April 21, 2017.
We are in need of longtime members of the Trinity community to serve as mentors to newer members of the church. This will include being available for occasional questions, as well as offering up reflections on your Trinity experience.
- Create prayer quilts through the Prayer Quilt Ministry.
- Pray with the Prayer Ministry Team.
- Be involved with the Health and Wellness team to discover and provide for activities that address the health and wellness needs of the congregation.
- Visit homebound or hospitalized members of Trinity.
- Have a burrito the third Sunday of the month (September through May).
- Sponsor a youth scholarship for a mission trip.
- Teach Sunday School
Music and Worship
- Serve on the Trinity Music & Arts Ministry (TMAM) team. This group meets monthly to help vision and implement the various Music & Arts ministries.
- Prepare communion elements for worship services.
- Usher at the 8:15 or 11:00 worship services each Sunday.
- Sunday School teaching teams, 9:30 or 11:00. Great curriculum, guidance, and training!
Office/Pastoral Support Volunteers
- Help be the face of Trinity in our safe, new front office. Weekly, bi-weekly, monthly, or substitute options are available Monday–Wednesday. Paid parking. Plus, it's fun!
Missions and Outreach
- Participate in a monthly service of hospitality to the Women's Homeless Initiative to set up sleeping rooms, provide the evening meal, and provide sack breakfasts.
- Denver Urban Ministries (www.denum.org), Metro Caring (www.metrocaring.org), and St. Francis Center (www.sfcdenver.org) are all partners with Trinity. Each organization has multiple levels of service opportunities for the empowerment of Denver's underserved neighbors.
TLC, which has been active for many years, was begun by Mary Barnes when her husband was minister at Trinity. Mary was interested in helping keep our beautiful building looking its very best and the people in TLC taking care of each other. And that is what gives us our name, TLC – Tender Loving Care. We have a great group of members and do our best at both of these goals.
We are finding ourselves in need of help with cleaning jobs, such as dusting (stairwells, woodwork, window sills, panelling) polishing the brass, cleaning the Level 1 break room, changing the church paraments in the Sanctuary and Chapel according to the church season, and many other regular tasks.
We meet on Wednesdays at 9 a.m. and stop for snacks and fellowship at 10:30 a.m.
If you would like to join TLC – or see them in action – please contact Willa Kampman at 303-425-0447.